Friday 27 January 2012

Brief 6, The Gift

For this project we mixed roles a couple of times but it ended up being; Claire as Director, Sofiane as Camera operator, Adam as lights and editor, myself as sound/props/ story boarder and Francisco as Producer.



This was by far the most challenging project due to a series of unfortunate events.
We hired an actress who didn't show up on the day of shooting,
Francisco our producer disappeared for a month of pre production,
and Sofiane our original director dropped out due to creative differences,

However I'm glade these things happened as now we know what we really need to do to make a successful things. There are many faults with the films, under confident actresses and a couple of dodgy edits, even out of tune music, but now we know the mistakes we have made we can learn from them.
Specific things I have learnt are how to export the movie properly (it seems obvious that if we filmed in frame rate 25 we need to export it so) but I'm still getting use to the mac system and final cut pro.
I learnt that even if the camera operator says the boom isn't it shot, sometimes it still is.
Another thing I learnt from this project is that if you have a problem about anybody you absolutely have to tell them about it other wise the project can be jeopardise.
Sound again was an issue, there is a buzzing sort of sound when the actors or music isn't play and we spend a long time whilst filming trying to sort it out and in the editing suit but in the end had to leave it, theres a DMW blog that we can follow now which has some tutorials so hopefully by our next project we will get the sound to a good standard.

Overall I'm quite proud of this project, I think that we got the message across quite well, but the last scene of the film is a little off due to a lack of shots and dodgy camera work. But I know that me and my fellow crew worked really hard especially on the shooting day and a lot of team work and friendship came out o this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment