Saturday 28 January 2012

New Module

In our new module we have all been mixed up so we have all got different people to work with, its going to be good working with different people and having new experiences filming with them.
We talked about what film meant to us and that film can be anything, not just something from the cinema.
Some examples of what film meant to us from class;
"Telling a Story" "Sending a message" "video + Sound" "perception" "interpretation" "Expressing emotions"
We discussed how even an advert or campaign can mean the same things as 'film' does to us. 
Why are we taking film, why didn't we choose 'video' production. We thought about what the difference is between film and video and if there is any difference at all. 
It was an interesting lesson that made me think about why I had chosen film, I love films and making films, but I'm still thinking about what I want from films, I could make anything from adverts to silly youtube videos. I know I don't want to work in Hollywood, but do I need to make feature films even in the uk, especially when there is so much more going on in the film world. 

I'm really looking forward to this new Module as we have a lot more freedom, working in groups of two will mean we can put more of ourselves in our videos and get a lot more artistic, we can experiment, even make animations of just use photos. 
Can't wait to get started with our first project; 'Space'

No comments:

Post a Comment